Funding are provided with NICHD has R01HD39666 (Updegraff, PI) and R01-HD32336 (Ann C
The audience is grateful to the family members and you can youth which took part in so it opportunity, also to the second colleges and you may areas just who worked: Osborn, Mesa, and Gilbert college or university districts, Willis Junior Senior high school, Supai and you will Ingleside Middle Colleges, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Gregory, St. Francis Xavier, St. Mary-Basha, and St. John Bosco. I thank Ann Crouter, Susan McHale, Mark Roosa, Nancy Gonzales, Roger Millsap, Jennifer Kennedy, Leticia Gelhard, Sarah Killoren, Melissa Delgado, Emily Cansler, Lorey Wheeler, Shawna Thayer, Devon Hageman, Ji-Yeon Kim, Lilly Shanahan, Kelly Davis, Anna Solmeyer, and you may Shawn Whiteman because of their advice from inside the carrying out this data. Crouter & Susan M. McHale, Co-PIs) by new Cowden Money in order to T. Denny Sanford College out of Societal & Nearest and dearest Personality at ASU.
Sue A great. Rodriguez generated their particular Meters.S. on Family members and People Development Agency of your own T. Denny Sanford University away from Social and you may Household members Figure within Arizona State College. Her head area of lookup targets family relations techniques, adolescent and you will more youthful mature innovation, that have a focus into the gender and you may cultural socialization among ethnic minority youthfulness.
Norma Perez-Brena obtained their own Ph.D. on Relatives and you will Person Invention Company of your own T. Denny Sanford College of Public and you will Family members Character at the Arizona State College. She acquired their Meters.An excellent. from inside the Developmental Psychology in the San francisco State College or university. Their particular priics and you can teenage advancement, which have a specific work with immigration and you may acculturation.
Kimberly Updegraff won their own Ph.D. for the Peoples Innovation and you can Loved ones Knowledge at Pennsylvania Condition College or university. She actually is a professor about T. Denny Sanford College or university out of Personal and you can Friends Character on Washington State College. Their particular browse targets household members, gender, and you may social socializing process for the North american country American group.
Adriana J. Umana-Taylor try a teacher out of Members of the family and you can Person Development at Arizona Condition College regarding the T. Denny Sanford University out-of Personal and you will Members of the family Personality. She acquired their particular PhD within the Individual Advancement and you can Household members Knowledge out of the School from Missouri-Columbia. Their performs has focuse mainly towards ethnic name formation, familial socialization techniques, culturally advised chance and you will protective situations, and psychosocial performing.
Journalist benefits. SR conceived of research, performed the fresh mathematical analyses, and you can authored the manuscript; NPB participated in the research structure, interpretation of your analysis, and you may assisted draft manuscript updates. KU participated in the analysis construction, interpretation of one’s data, and you may assisted write manuscript updates; AUT participated in the analysis design, interpretation of research, and you can aided write manuscript posts. All the authors features realize and acknowledged the final manuscript.
- Bacallao ML, Smokowski Advertising. The expenses of going to come: Mexican nearest and dearest system change immediately after immigration. Family members. 2007; 56 :52–66. [Yahoo Student]
- Bandura An effective. Social learning idea. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall; 1977. [Bing College student]
- Blyth Weil, Foster-Clark FS. Gender variations in thought intimacy with assorted people in adolescents’ public networking sites. Sex Kinesisk brud Positions. 1987; 17 :689–718. [Bing Beginner]
- Bronfenbrenner U, Morris PA. The latest ecology away from developmental processes. In: Damon W, Lerner RM, publishers. Guide from infant therapy Theoretical type people innovation. 5th ed. Vol. step one. Nyc, NY: John Wiley and you can Sons; 1998. pp. 993–1023. [Google Scholar]
- Cabrera Nj-new jersey, Bradley RH. Latino fathers as well as their youngsters. Infant Advancement Viewpoints. 2012; six :232–238. [Bing Beginner]
- Cauce In the morning, Domenech-Rodriguez Yards. Latino families: Mythology and information. In: Contreras JM, Kerns KA, Neal-Barnett Have always been, writers. Latino college students and you can parents in the united states. Westport, CT: Praeger; 2002. pp. 5–twenty five. [Google Pupil]
- Cole Weil, Maxwell SE. Research meditational designs which have longitudinal investigation: Issues and resources about access to architectural formula modeling. Record from Abnormal Mindset. 2003; 112 :558–577. [PubMed] [Yahoo Scholar]